Join the Washtenaw Community Action Team and United Students for Fair Trade for:
Topple the TPP: A Forum on the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Time: 7-9 PM, Thursday 9/26/13
Place: Room 1405, East Quadrangle, 701 E. University Avenue, Ann Arbor MI
Map of nearby parking lots (pdf).
Public Citizen describes the Trans-Pacific Partnership as:
“The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ‘free trade’ agreement is a stealthy policy being pressed by corporate America, a dream of the 1 percent, that in one blow could:
- offshore millions of American jobs,
- free the banksters from oversight,
- ban Buy America policies needed to create green jobs and rebuild our economy,
- decrease access to medicine,
- flood the U.S. with unsafe food and products,
- and empower corporations to attack our environmental and health safeguards.
Closed-door talks are on-going between the U.S. and Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam; with other countries, including China, potentially joining later. 600 corporate advisors have access to the text, while the public, Members of Congress, journalists, and civil society are excluded.”